About the HOME Foundation
The Oregon Association of REALTORS® HOME Foundation is a 501(c)3 charity that provides financial resources to create, expand, and encourage home ownership opportunities for Oregonians at or below local median income. It also promotes awareness of affordable housing issues by educating Oregonians and their representatives about the barriers to home ownership and the resources needed to increase housing affordability.
This Oregon REALTORS® charity gives members a way to give back to their communities. Because despite their best efforts, far too many people in today's workforce simply can't afford the American Dream. We understand that homes stabilize families and we want that to be achievable for more Oregonians.
Your contribution to the HOME Foundation will help provide much needed funds to organizations dedicated to the development, maintenance, or repair of affordable housing. It will help educate consumers and real estate professionals and provide the tools they need to make homeownership more attainable. It will address both immediate and long-term needs through strong public/private partnerships. And most importantly, it will give more Oregonians the opportunity to make a lasting investment in local communities.
Fundraising occurs year round with flagship events such as the Driving it HOME Golf Tournament in July and the Taste of Portland in September. And events held in local communities, such as the Rogue Valley Association of REALTORS® Food & Wine Classic in March, raise money that all stays right in their local area.
HOME Foundation Events+
Recipients of HOME Foundation Grants+
- African American Alliance for Homeownership
- Albany Area Habitat for Humanity
- Benton Habitat for Humanity
- Community Energy Project, Inc.
- Community Land Trusts
- Community Vision, Inc.
- Columbia Cascade Housing Corporation
- Columbia Habitat for Humanity
- Clackamas Community Land Trust
- Community Action Team
- ABCs of Homebuying Program
- Disaster Recovery Program
- Foreclosure Prevention Program
- Habitat for Humanity of Lincoln County
- Healthy Homes Program
- Lend-a-Hand Program
- Self Help Housing Program
- Self Help Option
- Veteran/Senior Housing Repair Program
- Veteran's Assistance (St. Helens)
- Community Vision, Inc.
- Coos Bay Area Habitat for Humanity
- Corvallis Neighborhood Housing Services
- Cottage Grove Habitat for Humanity
- Curry County Habitat for Humanity
- Greater Douglas United Way
- Hacienda Community Development Corporation
- Home for our Troops
- HOST Development Inc.
- Klamath & Lake Community Services
- Lebanon Area Habitat for Humanity
- McMinnville Area Habitat for Humanity
- Mid-Willamette Valley Habitat for Humanity
- Native American Youth & Family Center
- Neighborhood Economic Development Corporation
- Newberry Habitat for Humanity
- North Willamette Valley Habitat for Humanity
- Portland Community Reinvestment Initiatives, Inc.
- Portland/Metro East Habitat for Humanity
- Portland Housing Center
- Proud Ground
- ReFIT Portland
- Rebuilding Together Portland
- ROSE Community Development Corporation
- Rogue Valley Habitat for Humanity
- Rogue Valley Community Development
- Springfiled/Eugene Habitat for Humanity
- Southern Oregon Coast Housing Opportunities Provider
- Southern Oregon Housing Resource Center at ACCESS
- Tillamook County Habitat for Humanity
- Umpqua Community Development Corporation
- Gold Beach
- N. Bend
- Coos County
- Douglas County
- Umpqua Coastal Housing Center
- Willamette Neighborhood Housing Services
Home Foundation by the Numbers+
- Charity founded in 2004
- Over $1,000,000 grants awarded to date
- Awarded $179,796 in grants across the State in 2017
How Grants Are Awarded+
Grant applications are accepted through local REALTOR® association offices in October/November of each year. Grant amounts are determined by the HOME Foundation Board in December and checks are made available back to the local associations to distribute to the selected organizations.
How to Participate+
We believe that we can make a difference and help solve the affordable housing crisis, but we can't do it alone. We encourage you to join in our efforts by contributing to the OAR HOME Foundation in any of the following convenient ways:
- Send a one-time tax deductible contribution to build our fund.
- Commit to donating a smaller amount following each closed sale.
- Make an annual pledge of your continued support.
- Establish an interest-bearing escrow account with automatic contributions from deposited earnest money.
When you give to the HOME Foundation, your tax deductible donation is well-utilized as over 90% of the money raised goes directly to grant recipients each year.
Forms for Real Estate Brokers
- Enrollment Form for Participating Real Estate Brokers
- Bank Account Set-up Procedure for OAR HOME Foundation
Forms for Title Companies and Brokerages
- Enrollment Form for Participating Title Companies
- Instructions to Brokerage Firm Regarding Transfer of Interest from Title Company
- Letter of Instruction to Brokerage Firm
- Letter to Earnest Money Holder
- Monthly/Quarterly Contribution Summary
Forms for Financial Institutions