- HOME Foundation
- Association Governance
- Tools For Association Executives
- Engage FAQ
The OAR Executive Committee is comprised of 15 volunteer member leaders who are elected by the Board of Directors. Their job is to implement the strategic plan of the Association and do the year-round work of the organization for the Board’s review bi-annually. Positions on the Executive Committee are:
- Immediate Past President
- District 1 Vice President: Northwest Oregon
- District 2 Vice President: Coast & Valley
- District 3 Vice President: Lane County
- District 4 Vice President: Southwest Oregon
- District 5 Vice President: High Desert
- District 6 Vice President: Columbia Gorge & Eastern Oregon
- Business Issues Key Committee Chair
- Government Affairs Key Committee Chair
- Political Affairs Key Committee Chair
- Professional Development Key Committee Chair
- Finance Review Committee Chair (ex-officio)
- Political Action Committee Chair (ex-officio)
Board of Directors
The OAR Board of Directors is made up of locally elected member representatives from each local association/board based on size along with the Executive Committee, NAR Directors, and active Past Presidents. The Board meets twice a year at the Spring and Fall Governance Meetings to approve the work of the Executive Committee and Key and Special Committees, including reviewing the Association financial documents, approving the annual strategic plan and budget, and electing new officers for the coming year.
The government of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) is vested in the Board of Directors. The State of Oregon is represented by members on the national Board of Directors. The role of an NAR Director mirrors that of a State Director but on a national level. NAR Directors attend two national meetings (Mid-Year Legislative Meeting and Annual Conference) and the Region 12 Annual Conference, and they report back to the State on activities undertaken there.
Oregon’s NAR Directors include:
- Current OAR President- appointment- 1 year term
- 2 OAR members plus additional OAR members based on membership count assessed annually- elected by OAR Board of Directors- three year term
- Large Board members based on membership count assessed annually- elected by the large Board- two year term
- Past NAR Officers-not specific to Oregon but happen to be held by Oregonians due to their roles in the greater REALTOR® organization.
For more information regarding qualifications, duties and responsibilities, see Section I of the OAR Policy Governance Guide.