- HOME Foundation
- OAR Good Neighbor Award
- Association Governance
- Tools For Association Executives
- Engage FAQ
OAR Good Neighbor Award
Mission & Purpose
The Oregon Association of REALTORS® Good Neighbor Award recognizes a REALTOR® member who makes a positive impact on their community. This annual award seeks to highlight, inspire, and perpetuate the individual contributions within the real estate industry toward improving the livability of Oregon cities and towns, as well as financially supporting the non-profits that exist to do the same.
- Nominees must be members in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®, the Oregon Association of REALTORS®, and have primary membership with a local board or association of REALTORS® in Oregon.
- Nominees must be active practitioners as certified by their Managing Broker.
- Nominees will be judged on level of personal contribution, especially volunteer (unpaid) hours, though contributions of money and other resources will be considered as well.
- Some portion of the nominee’s work must have taken place within the 12 months prior to the nomination deadline, which August 31st.
- This award is intended to recognize individuals, not local boards or associations, or companies. If an individual within your board, association or company can be singled out as instrumental to the success of a group effort, he or she is eligible. If the achievements of two people (such as a married couple or co-founders of an organization) cannot be separated, they can enter as a pair and their entry will be considered as one.
- REALTORS® may nominate themselves or may be nominated by another REALTOR®, a state or local association executive, or the 501(c)(3) organization they serve.
- Oregon Association of REALTORS® staff and their families, current OAR Recognition Committee members and their families, and current sponsors/sponsor employees and their families are ineligible.
- Award finalists must sign an affidavit of eligibility, submit to a criminal history check, and be willing to be interviewed, photographed, filmed, and nominated for the National Association of REALTORS® Good Neighbor Award.
- Award monies will only be granted to 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations deemed by the Oregon Association of REALTORS® Recognition Committee members to benefit the livability of Oregon cities and towns.
- Oregon Association of REALTORS® staff and OAR Recognition Committee members will not accept lobbying efforts on behalf of nominees.
Questions? Contact OAR’s Good Neighbor Awards program manager, at 503-362-3645.