REALTORS® Relief Foundation Grant – DEADLINE EXTENDED
OAR has secured $500,000 grant for housing relief through NAR’s REALTORS® Relief Foundation for the Oregon wildfires disaster. Just 300 of these grants remain.
Who should apply?
Any full-time resident and U.S. citizen or legally admitted U.S. resident who has lost their home to the Oregon wildfire disaster and is in need of support for any of the following:
1) Monthly mortgage expense for the primary residence that was damaged by the wildfire disaster (you must still be paying mortgage to be eligible) or;
2) Rental cost due to displacement from the primary residence resulting from the wildfire disaster. (You will need a rental agreement for where you are currently residing to be eligible.)
3) Reimbursement to applicants for long-term hotel or Airbnb lodging expenses for those families displaced and unable to secure rental properties as shelter. (You will need to submit receipts from your stay to be eligible.)
Not eligible through this program: other expenses including second mortgages (home equity lines or loans); personal loans; clothing; appliances; equipment; vehicle purchase, rental, or repair and/or mileage are NOT eligible for reimbursement under this program.
Relief assistance is limited to a maximum of $1,000 per household.
Grants will be jointly payable to applicant and mortgage lender or landlord, unless proof of payment for long-term hotel/Airbnb stay is submitted.
Deadline for application submission has been extended through December 15th, 2020.
How to Apply:
Download and complete the application below, then email the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed application
- Photo Identification to Show Proof of Residency [i.e.. driver’s license or other governmental documentation evidencing residency]
- Proof of costs (one of the following):
- For mortgage assistance: Copy of Mortgage Statement or Mortgage Payment Coupon.
- For rental assistance for new lodging: Rent Statement or Lease Agreement for NEW rental.
- For long-term hotel/lodging reimbursement: Receipts and proof of payment for lodging expenses.
- Proof of damage (one of the following):
- Photos of Damage
- Insurance Estimate
- Copies of Written Claims, Settlement Proceeds or Claim Status Reports
- Copies of Repair Estimates from Contractors
– OR –
OAR HOME Foundation State Wildfire Relief Fund
OAR has set up an emergency relief fund through the HOME foundation for individuals and families who have been displaced from their homes because of fires or evacuation orders and are in immediate need of basic goods and services. Select local associations are raising and distributing funds to families in need in their communities. The HOME Foundation grant is more flexible in it’s parameters. To learn more and apply, contact your local association:
If you have not been affected, you can donate here:
- OAR HOME Foundation State Wildfire relief fund
- Goes directly to grants for Oregonians displaced by the fires
- The Hope Project
- Salvation Army – Also taking volunteers
- American Red Cross – Also taking volunteers
- NAR REALTORS® Relief Fund
- Help replenish the national funds to provide assistance in the next emergency