- Class Schedule
- Online Education
- Principal Broker Academy
- The Oregon Graduate REALTOR® Institute
- Rules & Requirements
- Code of Ethics
- Document library
- Learn FAQ
GRI Core Courses
OAR offers GRI Core Courses are taught by highly experience Oregon REALTORS® in a variety of formats, including virtual.
All of our courses below are valid for CE credit and count towards earning your GRI designation! The GRI no longer has to be taken in three multi-day modules. If you started your GRI courses after 2018, you have two years to complete the core courses and graduate. An exception for course expiration will be granted to anyone who began prior to 2019.
(Note, prices listed is the discounted OAR Member price.)
- AGENCY PROFESSIONALISM (LARRC) – 3 hrs, $49
- This course covers the basic rules of statutory interpretation, real estate license, property management license, disclosures, and much more. Participants can expect an interactive learning experience with a practical based case study at the end to help solidify some of the concepts.
- BUSINESS COMMUNICATION – 3 hrs, $49 – or – 6 hrs, $99
- In this course you will exercise your writing, speaking, and overall delivery skills as well as study assertiveness and the art of persuasion. This course will enhance your abilities to communicate with and better understand your clients.
- BUYERS – 6 hrs, $99
- Want to build an effective referral pipeline? It all starts with genuinely excellent client relationships. In this course, you will learn the foundational tools to build trust and create lasting relationships with your buyers. Course content includes subjects to cover in the initial buyer consultation, working with multicultural/generational buyers, customizing the home search, negotiations, effective communication skills and more.
- CONTRACTS – 6 hrs, $99
- Don’t ever get blindsided by a contractual misunderstanding. This course will help you stay a step ahead by versing you in the nuances of contractual law. You will about the promises between parties conditioned on certain events and enforceable by law, all the necessary elements of a contract, offer and acceptance, consideration, capacity of parties, and lawful purpose.
- FINANCE – 6 hrs, $99
- Serve your clients to the best of your ability by becoming an expert in all aspects of real estate finance. In this course, you will learn about the mortgage process, escrow & title, loan programs, lending, rules (Dodd-Frank, HOPEA & Section 32, triggering loan estimates, TRID/Know Before You Owe), seller financing, short sales & foreclosures, 1031 exchanges, and investment properties. By the end, you will be prepared to guide your clients through one of the most important financial decisions of their life.
- LAW – 6 hrs, $99
- Legislation in Real Estate can make or break your career. This course will cover critical aspects of Federal and State law including fair housing, license, risk management, records retention, agency, and includes an interactive discussion and debate of an actual Oregon cases with practical based applications!
- NEGOTIATION – 6 hrs, $99
- You may not be aware of it, but you are negotiating all of the time. This course will help you to identify negotiation tactics and employ the best techniques in any circumstance you find yourself in. You will also have the opportunity to role-play and practice these methods on relevant and current real estate scenarios occurring in today’s market.
- REALTOR® PROFESSIONALISM (CODE OF ETHICS) – 3 hrs, $49
- A solid ethical foundation is an essential part of any good business practice. That’s why the National Association of REALTORS® asks its members to follow its Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. This class reviews key articles, highlights pertinent changes, and offers important takeaway points you can apply to your day-to-day business dealings to ensure you’re always ethical in your business practices.
- REALTOR® SAFETY – 3 hrs, $49
- This course is an essential primer on how you, as a real estate professional, can limit your risk to preserve safety and facilitate positive business outcomes. This course will cover safety protocols for showings to data security for you and your clients.
- RISK MANAGEMENT – 6 hrs, $99
- Taking and managing risk is the very essence of business survival and growth. The focus of this class is to help you develop, implement, recognize, and monitor plans to address issues long before problems arise that may adversely affect you, your clients, and your real estate career.
- SELLERS – 6 hrs, $99
- In this course, we will take a look at practical methods of building and maintaining relationships with sellers. You will learn how to find prospective clients, market your specific strengths, give an effective listing presentation and nurture your agent-client relationship before, during and after the transaction. This class will give you the tools to create a network of lifelong, loyal clients who will refer your services.
- TECHNOLOGY – 6 hrs, $99
- In this class we will cover everything you need to know about using technology to prospect, market, and efficiently run your business. We will cover critical topics like data backups and security, to marketing and promotion systems, to emerging social media platforms.
- TRANSACTIONS – 6 hrs, $99
- Do you want your clients to experience a seamless transaction process every time they work with you? You need to learn the strategies and tools that can reduce risk and streamline your processes. This class will cover risk management, records retention, contracts, timelines and popular transaction management systems that you can practically implement into your business strategy.