April 27, 2020
The Oregon Employment Department is providing unemployment benefits through the CARES Act Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program. Oregonians who are eligible for this program include individuals who do not qualify for or cannot collect benefits on a regular unemployment insurance claim.
This includes Oregonians who are:
- Self-employed and not subject to unemployment insurance tax, perform work as an independent contractor
- Perform work not subject to unemployment insurance tax
- Did not earn enough in wages or work enough hours to qualify for regular unemployment benefits
- Exhausted regular unemployment benefits, and are not eligible for another extension.
REALTORS® can apply now! Here’s what you need to do:
- Visit https://govstatus.egov.com/ui-benefits/CARES
- At the top, click on the button with your preferred language
- You will need to download the application (fillable pdf) in order to submit it
- Click on “How to file my Pandemic Unemployment Application (PUA)”
- The Department provides three options for submitting:
- Emailing to request a secure link
For more details, please refer to the official press release.
Need more guidance? Please contact OAR’s FREE COVID-19 HOTLINE at 503-587-8884.