- About Oregon REALTORS®
- Executive Committee
- Membership Resources
- REALTOR® Awards
- Tools For Association Executives
- Press Room
- Know FAQ
- Oregon REALTORS® Plaza
- Oregon REALTORS® Shop
The value of your membership gives you far more in benefits and services than you pay in dues. This value will help you earn more through education, networking, and connecting while reducing your risk and liability.
Even if you have never used an Association benefit or service, you have saved thousands of dollars in potentially lost income thanks to Oregon REALTORS®. As an example, the 2012 defeat of transfer taxes through Measure 79 and prevention of efforts to eliminate the mortgage interest deduction in Oregon were due to work by the Association, protecting you from lost sales.
Association-sponsored education and designation courses earn you credits toward your continuing education requirements or REALTOR® professional designation, keep you abreast of current real estate issues and increase your earning power.
Questions answered on the Legal Hotline or during risk management seminars save you untold dollars in legal fees. Risk management tools like the Oregon Property Buyer & Seller Advisories reduce your legal risk during sales transactions.
See below for more detail on what you get for your dues dollars or view Oregon REALTORS® Member Brochure.
*NEW* BetterHelp Counseling ServicesRead More
Oregon REALTORS® has partnered with BetterHelp to support the health and wellbeing of our members. Get matched with a licensed therapist for professional counseling. Get 30% off your first month today.
The OREGON REALTORS® Association Health PlanRead More
We have paved the way for Oregon REALTORS® brokerages and their employees to finally obtain affordable group health coverage. Please note this is a GROUP health plan, not individual coverage. As a result, there are eligibility criteria required by the state that we must follow in order to provide insurance to the Oregon REALTORS®.
Click the links below for information on copays, deductibles and plan options.
Following the 2018 launch of a health insurance survey by the National Association of REALTORS® and substantial work and effort, Oregon REALTORS® and Johnson Benefits Group are thrilled to announce that we will be offering Oregon REALTORS®, along with company employees access to affordable health insurance through our partner, Providence Health Plans.
The team is proud to have broken through the barriers to obtain affordable health insurance which has plagued the real estate industry for many years. The NAR survey revealed that many REALTORS® that have insurance are covered through a spouse or the individual market. However, there is also a significant group unable to purchase insurance at all through any channel due to the high premium cost.
Working together Oregon REALTORS®, Providence Health Plan and Johnson Benefits Group will be taking advantage of the purchasing power of the full Oregon REALTORS® membership, brokerage staff and family members. The size of the REALTORS® will ensure you receive excellent benefits at a lower cost.
In the next few weeks, please keep an eye out for additional information regarding the timeline for available plans and next steps for you and your brokerages. We are in the process of setting up the administrative framework for ease of billing and enrollment, and we anticipate accessibility for all eligible brokerages in the first quarter of 2021.
2020 Eligibility Guidelines for the Oregon REALTORS® Association Health Plan
- Groups must maintain membership in good standing with Oregon REALTORS®.
- Plans are available to groups of 2 or more in combination of REALTORS® and W-2 employees with a minimum of 2 enrolled.
- Family Business (when all eligible employees are family members). There must be at least one bonafide/payrolled statutory employee enrolling (not including the spouse of the realtor) – most recent Oregon Department of Revenue - Form 132 (State of Oregon payroll tax form) will be required to substantiate employee status at the time of quoting.
- Groups of 2-9 enrolled may offer two (2) Medical plans with different deductibles. The same riders must be selected for both Medical plans. No enrollment minimum for each plan.
- Groups of 10 or more enrolled may offer up to three (3) Medical plans. The same riders must be selected for all Medical plans. No enrollment minimum for each plan.
- Employer must contribute at least 50% of the W-2 employee only premium for medical. There is no requirement for contribution for REALTOR® or dependent premium.
- Employers can set eligibility between 17.5 and 30 hours per week for W-2 employees. There is an assumption that REALTOR® enrollees work full time.
- 75% participation is required for the Medical plan. Eligible employees must enroll on the plan unless they are waiving to other qualified coverage. All waivers must be verified on the waiver form. Final rates are determined by final enrollment. If enrollment varies from quoted enrollment, rates will change.
- Qualified coverage includes other Group Coverage, Medicare, VA/Tricare and Indian Health Services.
- Employers can set the following probationary waiting periods, first of the month following date of hire, 30 or 60 days.
- Domestic Partner coverage: Oregon REALTORS® Health Plan covers registered same-gender domestic partners as required by law and opposite-gender domestic partners.
- Employee-only contracts are not available. Oregon REALTORS® Health Plans does not offer contracts which exclude children from eligibility.
- Dependent children are eligible for coverage up to age 26.
- Authorization for ACH must be received by the 10th of the month prior to the month of coverage. For example, to pay July premiums authorization for ACH must be received no later than June 10th.
- Payment will be processed on or around the 20th of each month for the following month’s premiums.
- All groups will be considered primary over Medicare.
- All groups are subject to COBRA. COBRA Administration is available through QVI Risk Solutions (QVI) and will be administered by the individual groups.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my firm/agency is eligible?
Each covered firm must have at least one common law employee and either a W2 employee or realtor for a minimum of two enrolling, and be in good standing with the Oregon REALTORS®. A common law employee cannot be the owner or spouse of an owner, retired or former employee, independent contractor, leased, seasonal, or temporary employee.
If a firm/agency meets the above criteria, common law employees, W2 employees, realtors (independent contractors), owners, and domestic partners are eligible for this association health plan. Additionally, a group Medicare plan is available to retirees of the Oregon REALTORS®.
How many plans can I offer?
Firms can have two plans if they have 2-9 enrolling eligible, and up to three plans for firms with 10 or more enrolling eligible employees/realtors.
What is the enrollment submission deadline?
All materials must be submitted to the Oregon REALTORS® preferred agent/agency by the 15th of the month prior to the requested effective date. If all materials are not received by the 15th, the effective date will be pushed out one month and rates are subject to change.
How does the participation requirement and waivers work?
Seventy-five percent participation is required for eligible employees/realtors (if realtor class is being offered coverage) for each firm within the association. Valid waivers do not count against participation and include other group coverage, Medicare, VA/Tricare and Indian Health Services. Waivers must include the name of the waiving employee/realtor on the front of the form, and the waiver section (4) on the back of the form (signature and date required).
What if someone leaves the firm, does that affect participation?
Participation is audited at time of enrollment and renewal only. Mid-year terminated enrollees will be offered COBRA and are entitled to 18-36 months of coverage, dependent upon their qualifying event.
Does this coverage extend to independent contractors (1099)?
Yes, this has been designed to cover both common law employees and independent contractors for affordable access to an association health plan (group coverage).
Does each person pay his or her own premium?
Firms are required to pay a minimum of 50% contribution for W2/enrolled common law employees. For realtors/independent contractors (1099) there is no firm contribution requirement. QVI Risk Solutions has been contracted to collect premiums from both the firms and enrolling realtors/contracted enrollees. This is through ACH transfer for realtors, and a firm ACH/EFT transfer for the W2/common law employees. The cost is $6.50 per person per month.
What effective date can a firm have and what is needed to enroll?
Each firm can have their own effective date (first of the month) and the association health plan is offered with effective dates of 11/1/2020 and after. A complete employee/realtor/dependent covered census is needed to supply a quote. Final rates are based upon final enrollment. A completed Master Contract Application and employee/realtor enrollment forms/waivers are needed to process enrollment.
Can you send me the rate sheet?
Rates are determined by the dynamics of the individual firms seeking a group quote. A census is needed that includes name, date of birth, gender and zip code for all covered eligible enrollees (common law employees, independent contractors, W2 employees) and indicating whether they are enrolling or not. Final rates are based on the final enrolling census.
What if I am retired, is there coverage options for me?
A group Medicare option is available for all members of the Oregon REALTORS® that are considered retired. Please contact Dave Johnson for more details.
What is the probationary period and hours worked requirement?
Each firm can determine their probationary period with one of the following: First of the month following date of hire, 30 or 60 days. Hours worked can be set by each firm between 17.5 and 30 hours per week (with the assumption that realtors work on average a full time schedule as set per each firm).
Ready to Sign Up? Here's who to call:
Pacific Benefit Consultants
Insurance Services – The Stratton Agency
Coos Bay Area
The Vigue Company
NEW! Marketing ServicesRead More
Now you can do all your property marketing from one platform in mere minutes. The Amarki (Ah-Mark- Eye) marketing platform allows brokerages to combine all things marketing to help their Realtors® connect in meaningful, innovative ways across print, social, email, and advertising. Sign up for your free account today! https://partners.amarki.com/oar/
E&O InsuranceRead More
As a leader in the insurance industry for nearly 60 years and a long-time partner of the Oregon REALTORS®, Pearl Insurance is proud to share with you our quality Errors & Omissions Insurance which offers valuable coverage that's better and more affordable than ever before.
Get a Quote
Receive a quote and choose to bind coverage or renew your policy. As a Pearl Insurance insured, you'll gain access to our quality Real Estate Errors & Omissions Insurance as well as:
- Extensive risk management tools and services
- Superior customer service
- Proactive claims handling and assistance by the experienced XL claims staff
- Expert defense against a claim from Oregon's dedicated panel counsel
Get a Premium Estimate
Not ready for a quote? No problem. Simply take a couple of minutes to complete our premium estimate form. Our sales representatives will use this information to get a quote for you and will contact you within 24 hours.
Mediation & Arbitration ServicesRead More
Arbitration Service of Portland, Inc. (arbserve.com) administers arbitrations and mediations throughout Oregon and Southwest Washington. Founded in 1985, ASP is a reasonably priced arbitration service with high-quality arbitrators and procedural rules designed to meet the expectations and practices of Oregon lawyers. ASP is designated in arbitration clauses in printed business forms used throughout Oregon by many types of businesses (such as banks, title insurance companies, Realtor associations, and motor vehicle dealers) and in contracts prepared by Oregon attorneys for business, construction, commercial, real estate, employment, consumer, and other transactions. ASP has created arbitrator panels in key cities throughout Oregon (including Portland, Salem, Eugene, Medford, Grants Pass, Klamath Falls, Bend, Pendleton and the Oregon coast) for the thousands of private arbitrations ASP has administered.
Call (503) 226-3109 (Toll free 800-423-1216) or fill out their form to request a mediation.
Portland State University - Center for Real Estate QuarterlyRead More
PSU's Center for Real Estate Quarterly publication is a snapshot of the commercial real estate and housing markets in the region. Each issue has several feature articles about real estate and development in the Portland area as well as an analysis of the trends in the commercial and residential markets. We appreciate the generous support of the Quarterly by the Oregon REALTORS® and the Regional Multiple Listing Service (RMLS).
Center for Real Estate Quarterly Report, Winter 2019 (full 32-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, Winter, 2018 (full 53 -page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, Special Land Use Issue, April, 2018 (full 156 - page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, Spring, 2018 (full 58 - page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly Report, August, 2018 (full 56 - page report)
Realtors Property Resource® (RPR®)Read More
Realtors Property Resource® (RPR), one of the most exciting benefits included in your NAR membership, offers exclusive access to the most powerful data platform available to members of the National Association of REALTORS® family, all at no additional cost. Easily accessed through desktop and mobile devices, RPR’s database of more than 160 million U.S. properties is the largest and most far reaching real estate portal of its kind, with data sets ranging from demographics and school attendance to tax and mortgage history; listing, sales, and valuations; heat maps, flood zones, and more. As a powerful marketing tool, RPR allows REALTORS® to create custom branded reports that can be printed, emailed or texted from anywhere you are. Learn as you go by visiting RPR’s online learning center or enroll in an upcoming workshop. Ready to register? Visit narrpr.com. Access RPR data anytime, anywhere by downloading RPR mobile.
Mobile Safety App
Oregon REALTORS® has entered into an agreement with Kleard to provide the best real estate safety and productivity technology available to our members at a heavily discounted price of $2.99/month per member. The app is available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. You can learn more here: www.kleard.com/oar. Some benefits of Kleard include:
- On-the-spot verifications for safer showings and open houses with safety alerts built-in
- Open house mode with verified sign ins
- CRM with mail-merged email/SMS follow-up tools
- On-Demand marketplace for open houses and showings that allows agents within a brokerage to share open house and showing opportunities in an innovative way. LEARN MORE ABOUT KLEARD!
Below are a variety of pre-designed safety forms that you can custimize and use in your office.
NAR SAFETY RESOURCES
As a REALTOR®, it’s important you have a personal safety protocol in place that you use every day with every client, like when meeting new clients, showing properties or sharing information online. There are a variety of tools you can add to your personal safety protocol, such as the smartphone apps and safety products listed on NAR's website here.
Member DirectoryRead More
Do you need to make a referral across the State but don't know someone in that market? Do you remember meeting someone from a particular office in your area but don't recall their name? You're in luck! As part of your membership, you can access the complete directory of nearly 16,000 members in the Oregon database. Watch this short video to find out how to access this information at your fingertips.
Columbia Sportswear DiscountRead More
Download your NAR Membership Card for these benefits and so much more!
Office Supplies & Printing NeedsRead More
Office Depot offers Oregon REALTORS® members a great discount program on office supplies, furniture, and printing needs for your business.
The Member Discount Program allows you to shop online or at any one of Office Depot's retail locations and receive:
- Steep discounts on a core list of 800+ items
- Huge savings at the Copy & Print Center
- 10% off on most catalog items
- FREE, next day delivery on most in-stock products (depending on location)
- Printable discount cards for in-store use
REALTOR® StoreRead More
Use Promotion Code: OAR2
- 10% discount on product/publication purchases from the www.realtor.org store
- 10% discount on NEW Print On Demand program in which members can personalize and print some of NAR's hottest sellers!
- Direct access to printed products, eProducts, and NEW Print on Demand personalized products
- Usage of 10% discount on already reduced products and publications each month