Oregon REALTORS® is now accepting applications through 5 PM on August 7, 2023, for one At-Large State Allocated position for the 2024-2026 term.
Members of the NAR Board of Directors have duties and responsibilities for governing the association, and the association counts on directors to participate as we deliberate issues that impact our members’ daily business lives.
What are the governing responsibilities and authority of the NAR Board of Directors?
- Approve Association expenditures
- Set membership dues
- Set public policy positions as they pertain to the real estate industry
- Establish governing policies of the Association
- Approve member programs, products, and services
- Approve amendments to the NAR Bylaws and recommend amendments to the NAR Constitution and Code of Ethics to the NAR Delegate Body
New Requirements for 2024
2024 NAR Director appointments be required to complete At Home with Diversity, Bias Override: Overcoming Barriers to Fair Housing class, and Fairhaven as a performance expectation prior to May 1, 2024.
This means all Directors who will be appointed later this year to serve in 2024, are required to complete the above diversity training prior to May 1, 2024. Because it is a performance expectation, it is not required for the Director to be appointed to the position.
For answers to more frequently asked questions regarding this requirement, please see the update here.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out the application on the NAR site by clicking here
- Upload your professional resume and statement of interest, detailing why you are applying for the position in the form at the bottom of this page
- Application deadline- August 7, 2023, at 5 PM
- Oregon REALTORS® Elections Committee will review applications to confirm that applicants meet NAR’s required qualifications. Applicants will be notified if their application was vetted no later than August 15.
- Elections: Vetted applications will be presented to the Oregon REALTORS® Board of Directors for a vote during a Special Board of Directors Meeting, to be held virtually on August 30, 2023.
- Candidates will present speeches in real time during the virtual meeting
- Term begins December 1, 2022
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE APPLYING
- Role of a Director
- Policy Manual
- Governance Guide
- 2024 Volunteer Handbook
- Campaign Rules & Procedures